We had the opportunity to speak with Nick Pucci of Cubicall to get some insight on the brand and what makes them stand out amongst their competitors:
Tell us the history of your brand:
Cubicall began as an idea in 2017 when my brother and I were working in a small open office. Between live critiques, noise, and distractions, we started taking calls in stairwells or even staying home for important calls. It quickly became clear that a space for private phone calls and virtual meetings was desperately needed— and a phone booth was the first idea thought of. Originally, we weren’t able to find any viable solutions that were cost-effective, could fit through our doorway/elevator, and adequately limited sound. We even found vintage 1980’s booths in a phone booth graveyard in Texas— but they wouldn’t meet all of our needs. So, we decided to build our own. When our clients visited the office and saw it, they wanted to know how to get one for their own office. From there, Cubicall was born.
What serves as inspiration when creating new products?
Our customers serve as inspiration in creating new products. The company was born out of necessity for our own needs when we worked at a marketing agency. We understand the shortcomings and pain points of modern office design.
We really strive to address the needs of facilities and those who use the facility— whether it be business owners and their employees, or doctors and their patients. We understand organizations are only as good as their people. So, we’ve set out to foster their creativity, facilitate workflows and meet needs through modular and efficient workplace solutions.
Who are your products designed for?
Our products are designed for offices, commercial space, retail, healthcare, government, and hospitality. When we first started the company, our target market was open offices. But it quickly became apparent that workplaces and facilities from almost every industry could use modular privacy solutions that can be installed within an hour and with no permits.
In addition, our modular solutions naturally translated into the healthcare industry with some slight modifications to address requirements.
Describe the process your team goes through when creating a new product:
Since we’re a customized manufacturer based in the USA, we’re able to try new ideas and customer requests fairly easily and quickly. If a new idea pops into our head, we go in the back and try it out. Our customers also have a wide variety of needs— and we’re happy to support them. So, were always trying out new ideas and being inspired by our customers.
Where are your products manufactured?
We’re proud to say that our products are Made in the USA and utilize the highest quality materials.
Since Cubicall launched, additional companies have started producing their own take on phone booths. What makes Cubicall different?
Since our appearance on ABC’s Shark Tank, the market has grown. We believe our simple, modern design, features and value sets Cubicall apart. To name a few of those highlights:
• Bifold Door: Our patented bifold door makes it easier to comply with building and safety codes (egress and walkways). It can fit into smaller spaces and requires less of a footprint overall than swing doors. Learn more about Cubicall’s bifold door here.
• Customization: Cubicall offers full customization and furniture at no extra cost. Interior walls, exterior walls, carpet, desk, seat, and acoustic panels can be customized. And furniture is included.
• Fire Sprinkler Ready. While most customers don’t have issues with sprinklers requirements in the booth, we understand there are still concerns as policies evolve. All of our ceilings are “sprinkler-ready.” In case anything should change regarding codes or regulations, our customers can simply add a flex head or self-contained suppression system immediately.
• Completely modular. Our easily assembled booths can change from a phone booth to a meeting room or vice versa. This also makes repairs and reassembly easier.
• Made in the USA: We’re proud that all of our booths are made right here in the USA.
We also wanted to get Cubicall’s point of view on going back to the office. Here’s their take:
When the pandemic started, it interrupted the “in-office” working model. Working-from-home became the new normal— and many are predicting the end of offices. However, the research and recent trends prove that offices aren’t going anywhere. Although, it may look different. What we know from the research:
• Employees want back to be back in the office, although flexibility is required
• Walls won’t be going up— dynamic workplaces are paramount
• Privacy & focus spaces are imperative
• Employers must mitigate health/wellness concerns
For the research regarding these points, refer to Cubicall’s Back To Office Guide here.
To address the needs of the pandemic, Cubicall was uniquely positioned and quickly pivoted— offering healthcare and isolation solutions for Covid-19 testing. The crash course into this application prepared Cubicall to address the needs of the “new normal” office.
Addressing the concerns of workplace health:
1. Cubicall Exam Pods are a safe and efficient way to test on-site and isolate positive employees. The modular pods feature negative pressure HEPA filtration which allow the pods to safely exhaust within a larger room and can later be converted into Meeting Rooms. Cubicall Exam Pods are currently used in the Fortune 100 companies and leading healthcare facilities.
2. Cubicall launched the Phone Booth UV which seamlessly integrates automated UVC lights for hassle-free disinfection— inactivating pathogens and viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. The integrated UVC lights disinfect air and surfaces.
3. As the needs of their customers changed, Cubicall was there to help. Barriers and dividers are recommended by the CDC to limit airborne contact. They are also a great way to limit noise distractions. Cubicall’s custom solutions are a great way to enhance the aesthetic of the workplace.
4. Cubicall utilizes premium materials that make it easy to clean and sanitize. Surfaces within Cubicall products are compatible with various disinfectant solutions as recommended by the CDC.
Addressing office socializing and privacy:
Offices of the future will be even more reliant on a social and communal atmosphere. Consequently, privacy and focus spaces will become more essential. In fact, these are the two most requested features by employees according to JLL.
Cubicall predicted these trends early on when the company started in 2017. The pandemic has accelerated them, and Cubicall is ready.
Phone Booths: As the #2 most requested feature by employees, the Phone Booth is an office essential for privacy & focus requirements. The modular phone booth is a flexible and cost-effective solution for private communication, heads-down work, and virtual meetings.
Study: Keeping an office environment dynamic and flexible is easy with Cubicall’s modular privacy pods. Sometimes extended focus is required and Cubicall’s prefabricated Study is the perfect solution. The office-within-an-office helps meet those can’t-miss deadlines.
Meeting Room: Conference rooms can waste valuable floor space. 76% of the time they’re occupied by 4 or fewer persons. Furthermore, 34% of employees no longer want large in-person meetings. Keep 1-on-1 discussions private and give teams space while making the most of your floor plan.
Alcove: Open socialization spaces can still offer employees an escape from unwanted noise distractions while limiting airborne contact. The Alcove is a perfect addition to lounges or lunchrooms for casual conversations and breaks.
Partitions & Dividers: Barriers and dividers are ideal for keeping floor plans open while reducing noise and limiting airborne contact. Cubicall’s custom solutions are also a great way to add to the aesthetic of your workplace by visually breaking up open layouts.
Make sure to check out Cubicall on Hello Raye!
Find them on social media: